Miami Arts & Humanities Foundation, Inc. dba Miami Museum of Contemporary Art of the African Diaspora
Privacy NoticeEffective Date: June 17, 2022
PLEASE SEE SECTIONS 6, 7, & 12 OF OUR TERMS OF SERVICE REGARDING YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS IN ANY DISPUTE INVOLVING OUR SERVICES, INCLUDING A WAIVER TO BRING ANY CLAIM UNDER A CLASS ACTION.
- Collected Personal Information
When we refer to "personal information" we generally mean any data that is or reasonably can be associated with an individual. Examples include full name, postal address, email address, telephone number, as well as IP address or a unique device identifier. Additional types of information are described below.
We may collect such information about you by various means, including:
- Directly from you, both online and offline (e.g., events, phone calls);
- Through our Services; and
- From other third party sources and social media platforms that you may use to engage with us, as well as from our affiliates, partners or third parties, including but not limited to public databases, for the purposes provided below, and/or to supplement information we already possess.
In order to provide our Services, we may collect the following categories of information:
- Information You Provide to Us
- Information that you provide by filling in our forms, including posting material on social media, or requesting further Services;
- Communications between you and us, such as via email, web form, mail, phone, or other channels; and
- Survey information in response to questions we may send you through the Services, including for feedback and research purposes.
- Online User Activity
When you use the Services, the information that we may collect by automated means includes, for example:
- Usage details about your interaction with our Services (such as specific pages or content accessed during the visits, search terms, frequency of the visits, referring website addresses, email subscriptions, and posting and viewing contributions, and date/time associated with any of the foregoing activities);
- Device information including the IP address, and other details of a device that you use to connect with our Services (such as device type and unique device identifier, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device's telephone number and location);
- Location information where you permit us to collect information about your device's location.
- Use of Personal Information
We use the information you provide us to:
- Contact you;
- Send you, if requested, our email campaigns and future newsletter;
- Send you relevant information about MoCAAD, our services and events;
- Send you service or promotional communications through email and notices on the website;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our Services, including to diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Create and distribute relevant advertising to you and your experience in our website;
- Develop marketing strategies in conjunction with our marketing partners;
- Monitor the performance of our Services including metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns, as well as analyze and enhance our communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read); and
- Comply with and enforce, as needed, applicable legal requirements, industry standards, our policies, and our contractual rights.
- How we Share your Information
With Your Consent
If you voluntarily share or submit any contributions, including contact information (e.g., name) or content (e.g., picture), or commentary (e.g., review) for posting through our Services, or link it to any social media, that post and any information associated with it may become available to the public. See our Terms for more information about how we may use contributions.
We do not sell, rent, assign, transfer or otherwise provide personally identifiable information to third parties without your prior express consent, except where it is necessary to carry out your instructions or to provide you with the Services, and when it is allowed according to certain country legislation.
We may share your information, including, for example, with our partners, affiliates and service providers that we believe need the information to perform a technology, marketing, business, or other function for us (examples include IT services, program management, maintenance and hosting of our Services, payment processors, marketing partners, and other service providers). We provide service providers with personal information only for performance of their required functions on our behalf.
We may disclose information about you: (i) when we believe we are required to do so by law or legal process; (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent fraud, harm or financial loss; (iii) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity; (iv) under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our staff, other organizations or users, or the public; or (v) to assert or enforce our legal or contractual rights (including under the Terms).
Personal information that you provide to us will be secured in accordance with industry standards and technology. Notwithstanding the above, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, copied, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical or managerial safeguards. Any transmission of your information to us is therefore at your own risk.
- Retention of Personal Information
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collect it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any obligations to you, as required by law, and for legitimate purposes permitted by law. As a matter of practice, we typically retain personal information for a duration which is determined by considering the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of the information, the purposes for which we process the information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, any limitation periods within which claims might be made and retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations.
- Online Advertising
You may see us promoted by other organizations, on various websites, web pages, social media and other platforms. Please note that we do not always have complete information about where our organization may be displayed or promoted, and if you believe that we are featured in venues that are inappropriate or offensive, please contact us as directed below.
We may serve advertisements, and allow third parties to serve advertisements, through our Services. Advertisements served through our Services may be targeted to users who fit a certain general profile category, which may be inferred from information that you provide to us or, based on your website usage patterns, or based on your activity on other websites or online services as may be available to the ad networks.
- Third Party Links
Our Services may contain links to other websites or apps, including Facebook and Google social media integrations. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other websites or apps, and we encourage you to be aware when you leave our Services and to read the privacy statements of any other website or app that collects personal information.
- General Provisions